What To Expect
Enjoy a splendid day in the ancient city of Pompeii and the enchanting Amalfi coast on this small group tour! Drive along the panoramic coastal road and stop at panoramic viewpoints for photo opportunities! Enjoy plenty of free time in Positano, as well as in Amalfi! Discover the true charm of Italy!
- Spend one full day on the enchanting Amalfi coast, within an intimate and small group
- Relax on a drive from Rome all the way down to Pompeii along the panoramic coastal road
- Enjoy about 2 hours of free time to have lunch and to wander around the lovely town of Positano
- Visit of Pompeii with a guided tour
- Pick-up from hotels in Rome city center
After leaving Rome, we take the panoramic “SUN Highway” to arrive at the enchanting Amalfi Coast. After a coffee break along the way, we’ll follow a very panoramic route to reach the most southern part of the Amalfi coast.
After a photo-stop to enjoy a superb view of the coastline, we will descend into the coastal road and make our way to Amalfi – a town that enjoyed a prestigious past. Made up of a labyrinth of narrow lanes and alleyways that climbs the surrounding hills, the town features typical Mediterranean architecture with houses piled one on top of the other.
We then continue our journey towards Positano, driving along the spectacular coastal road. We will make photo stops at selected viewpoints so that you can fully appreciate the beauty of the Amalfi Coast (including an astonishing view over Positano!).
Why not enjoy a fresh orange and lemon juice as you let your mind relax, pondering the splendid Mediterannean landscape? In front of you, hills littered with lemon and olive groves and villages punctuated by Arabian style majolica-tiled tower bells and pastel colored houses.
We will then make our way down to the exclusive Positano, a corner of peace and tranquility, away from the hordes of mass tourism. Large buses cannot get through here. After parking the car right where the pedestrian route starts, you will enjoy about 2 hours of free time to have lunch and to wander around this lovely town.
If you wish to follow our suggestion for lunch, we’ve selected for you a nice restaurant on the beach of Positano offering an excellent choice of food and wine at good value for money.
After a relaxing morning on the Amalfi Coast we will make our way to Pompeii. Enjoy a guided tour of Pompeii when the hordes of tourists have left and when the light is at its best to appreciate the beauty of this enchanting ancient roman town.
Our guide, one of the leading experts on Pompeii, will take you to see some of the best examples of public and private buildings while reviving the extraordinary history of Pompeii’s illustrious citizens – recounting their habits, customs and beliefs.
Visit and discuss private homes, beautifully preserved frescoes, ancient wine bars, Roman thermal baths and the brothels. You will learn about Pompeii’s sophisticated water system, how they kept their city and streets clean, their political systems and much more!
A fascinating journey back in time awaits you! When the tour is over, you will have a much deeper understanding of Pompeii, its citizens and the infamous day upon which Vesuvius erupted. After stopping for refreshments, sit back and relax as we make our way back to the eternal city and your hotel, while contemplating the memories of an incredible day on the Amalfi Coast.
- Expert English-speaking driver/guide
- Transport in an air-conditioned minivan
- Pick-up from hotels in Rome city center
- Entrance fees to Pompeii
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Infants will be charged adult rates. If you have an infant 5 years old and below joining the tour, please indicate upon booking so that we may provide a child booster seat.
- This tour has a 5 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met.
- This tour can run with a maximum of 3 minivans, each minivan seating a maximum of 7 to 8 people.
- A radio system will allow everyone from all vehicles to listen to the narration of the tour escort.
- The entrance fee to the Pompeii Archaeological Site is 13 EUR per person. Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- Please wear comfortable shoes, a hat and put on some sunblock during the summer months.
- An additional pick-up fee can be arranged for those who are staying at hotels outside the Aurelian walls, away from the city center.
- The order of the sites visited during the day may be different from the order as presented in the tour description.
- Arrival time in Rome varies depending on the day.
- There is a scheduled coffee break stop about an hour after the tour starts.
- Pick-up times vary depending on hotel location. Pick-up times are between 06:45 and 07:15.
- Tour duration is between 13 to 14 hours.
- Free cancellation: 9 days or more prior to start date of activity.
- 50% Cancellation Fee (50% reimbursement): between 5 to 8 days prior to date of activity.
- 100% Cancellation Fee (no reimbursement): 4 days or less prior to date of activity
You might also like
More from General
Tell me about yourself My name is Chris Fleming; i am a personal trainer and fitness/lifestyle influencer living in Toronto Ontario, …